“Retail e-Commerce may still be sexier, but B2B is still where the biggest growth and sales figures are”
- Paul Demery, Managing Editor for B2B Ecommerce, Internet Retailer -//-
This view is backed up by Forrester who predict that on a global level by 2020, B2B ecommerce will account for $6.7 trillion in trade worldwide and will be over twice the size of the B2C market at $3.2 trillion. The demographic makeup of B2B buyers is also changing rapidly as more and more millennials enter the workforce and expect the convenience of their online consumer based experiences from their suppliers.
Transforming a B2B business is complex (stock, contract pricing, delivery) and the technology driving B2B ecommerce can feel dated and so the challenge will be to leapfrog a generation of technology to;
• Meet the rapidly growing market demand
• Delight your customers by delivering a great online experience
• Take advantage of savings in customer servicing
• Deliver increased sales using data-driven marketing automation
Together Monsoon Consulting, Magento and dotmailer are hosting a specialist half day seminar on B2B ecommerce which aims to help attendees understand through first hand experiences.