Actions and Detail Panel
The Art of Boxing
Sat 25 March 2017, 11:00 – 12:30 GMT
The Art of Boxing: Secrets of the Sweet Science will be presented to you by Ian Charles. Youth training in Boxing and Judo helped lay the foundations for Ian’s passion for combat based fitness, something he strongly believes can help people of all abilities to achieve both physical fitness and mental wellbeing. Ian is a qualified England Boxing Level 1 Coach, Personal Trainer, and lower back pain exercise specialist, whose interest and passion in sport, health and fitness spans over 30 years. His classes are high intensity, dynamic, challenging and fun. Open to all levels – we’ll welcome the newbies and challenge the oldies ;)
11:00 - 11:15 Welcome, Introductions and goody bag (including wraps)
11:15 – 11:45 Interactive education
De mystify the art of boxing. Ian will educate you on some of the major principles of boxing and how it can benefit yo u. Some of the common misconceptions of the sport will also be squashed.
11:45 – 12:30 Boxing Circuit
A whole body workout circuit designed to maximise calorie burning and improve all-round cardio fitness. Incorporating Boxing and HiiT (High Intensity Interval Training) drills make this fast paced class challenging for all levels of fitness.
12:30 Thank you and enjoy your weekend!
What you will learn:
- All wrapped up: Hand wrapping and why boxers do it
- En garde: Stance & Guard – Orthodox vs Southpaw
- Punching Power: Throwing punches using entire body, not just arms
- Chasing Shadows: The purpose of shadow boxing and how to do it
- Ducking & Diving: The importance of head and torso movement
- Tools of the trade: Essential training equipment explained and explored through a boxing circuit