Actions and Detail Panel
The Art of Networking!
Tue 20 June 2017, 14:00 – 17:00 BST
No business is an island. In every facet of starting up you’ll be dealing with other people’s expectations so you'll need strategies to network them into your plans.
We’ll consider the roles played in the life of a creative business up by everyone with an interest, from family to funders, curators to commissioners, agents to audience. Business success is ultimately a reflection of how well you manage these relationships.
You’ll discover how to build extensive networks and examine the strategies creative entrepreneurs use to get people who really matter on board.
In this practical workshop you will:
- identify the tasks you need to complete to launch or grow your business
- consider who might help you achieve these tasks and what exchanges will take place
- develop strategies for gather information about opportunities
- explore how collaborations can help you innovate
- learn how to widen your networks
This professional development workshop is for emerging artists and other creative practitioners looking to commercialise their work. It has been funded by Arts Council England and Newcastle City Library