Actions and Detail Panel
The Art of Presenting
Fri 28 October 2016, 09:00 – 12:30 BST
The Art of Presentation - BMA Workshop
Aims and learning outcomes
This practical workshop will help you overcome your presentation fears and deliver with real impact. We will provide you with practical tips to aid your preparation and share techniques in ways you can hold the audience’s attention.
By the end of the session you will:
- A clear preparation checklist and techniques to structure your presentations.
- Learn how to use voice and non-verbal communication with impact.
- Gain the ability to attract and hold your audience’s attention.
- Tips on handling questions and tricky ‘audience’ members.
- Confidence and enthusiasm for your next presentation
- Understand tried and tested techniques that increase the impact of your presentation.
- An opportunity to practice presenting in a safe and supportive environment to consolidate your learning.
9:30 - 9:40 Welcome and setting the context.
9:40 - 10:00 What makes an effective presenter?
10:00 - 10.30 Planning and preparing presentations.
10:30 - 11:10 Understanding your audience. Presenting – teaching sessions.
11:10 - 11:20 Short break.
11:20 - 11:55 Presenting – Conferences / Meetings.
11:55 - 12:25 Presenting – Pitching your ideas (business case).
12:25 - 12.30 BMA Careers.
DEPOSIT FEE: £32.45 will be refunded upon attendance at the event. Refunds for cancellations will only be processed up to 1 week before the event takes place. If a cancellation takes place within the period of 1 week before the event, the £32.45 deposit fee will not be refunded.