Actions and Detail Panel
The assault on academics and journalists in Turkey: Developments & Debate
Thu 2 February 2017, 17:00 – 19:00 GMT
Solidarity with the People of Turkey (SPOT) will be holding a meeting at SOAS University on Thursday, 2 February between 5-7pm discussing the continued attacks on Journalists and Academics in Turkey.
We will be joined by journalists and academics including:
1. Owen Jones, The Guardian and / or Abi Wilkinson (The Guardian / Telegraph)
2. Steve Sweeney, Morning Star
3. Caroline Stockford, Chairwoman of the Translation, Linguistic Rights and Writers in Prison Committee, Wales PEN Cymru.
4. Stephen Wordsworth, Director of CARA (The Council for At-Risk Academics)
5. Seckin Sertdemir - Academic
We would strongly encourage you to attend to find out more about the ongoing attacks on academic, press and political freedom, and also hear from the delegation to Turkey.
This meeting will be a great opportunity to get involved with SPOT and we hope to see many of you there.
If you would like to join the meeting please register your name on the Eventbrite link below
Date and Time
SOAS University of London
SALT - Alumni Lecture Theatre
First Floor, Paul Webley Wing (Senate House North Block), Torrington Square