For over 12 centuries millions of pilgrims have walked Spain’s 500 mile pilgrimage road called the Camino de Santiago or Way of St James. Today, hundreds of thousands walk each year to the shrine of St James in city of Santiago de Compostela. For many individuals, walking the Camino is a life changing experience; it is walked not only for religious reasons but also because the Camino provides the quality time and space away from the ‘daily routine’ for an ‘Inner Camino’ – to take the time to consider important life questions which perhaps don’t ever get answered because ‘life’ takes over.
This event is for you if:
– you are curious about what the Camino is
– you have returned from your Camino and would like to share your stories and experiences
– you have decided to walk the Camino and want to know more
A lot of information on the Camino can be found online but it can be confusing and overwhelming. Meet real people who have walked it and share a special bond with each other thanks to this life changing experience. Topics to cover will include, amongst others:
- The 'Call to the Camino': what it means to you
- Film screening: 'Walking the Camino: Six Ways To Santiago'
- The 'Physical Journey': the path, fitness preparation & planning
- Equipment: what to take and what to leave behind
- The 'Practical Journey': key information for walking in Spain, creating your daily Camino routine
- Self-Care: hydration, blister prevention, energy management
Interactive sessions and accounts of personal experiences are included.
'Walking the Camino - Six Ways To Santiago' is an award winning documentary which follows the journeys of six modern-day pilgrims as they cope with blisters, exhaustion, and loneliness as they journey across Spain.
It's going to be a full, fun and practical masterclass. My promise to you is that you will walk away with absolute clarity around how to make the most of your Camino experience.
Discover the Camino helps individuals who want to begin a life transformation journey or wish to 'get unstuck' using the quality time and space of the Camino to help process what comes next. More information will be provided at the masterclass.