Tony Lloyd, Interim Mayor and Police and Crime Commissioner for Greater Manchester
- Shirley Rodrigues, Deputy Mayor for Environment and Energy, Mayor of London
- Professor Jim Skea, RCUK Energy Strategy Fellow and Professor of Sustainable Energy, Centre for Environmental Policy, Imperial College London
Join over 250 public sector colleagues at the Carbon Trust Public Sector Conference 2017 to discuss ideas, share best practice and learn about how different public sector organisations are reducing their carbon, water and waste emissions and leading the response to climate change amongst the communities and businesses that they serve and support.
Key themes for the conference this year will include the challenges and opportunities for public bodies, universities and cities in pressing forward with the transformation needed to achieve the climate commitments made at COP21 in Paris last year – a challenge especially compelling in the light of Brexit and the realignment of the UK’s international relations and infrastructure spending plans. The day aims to provide practical ideas and solutions, signpost new technologies and provide updates on local, national and international policy and regulation.
Areas of focus, discussion points and interactive workshops will include:
- Adapting to climate change
- Low carbon urban design and planning
- Energy management and renewable energy use in public sector estates
- Driving behaviour change and measuring the impact
- Promoting your sustainability achievements
- Going off grid through decentralised energy and district heating projects
- Making your project investable
These will be hosted by some of the leading lights in the public sector from across the UK – so you can learn and discuss the techniques being used by these experts and how they could be applied to your organisation.
For more information about this event, please visit our website.
To register please provide your name, job title and organisation.
Please note the event is for public sector and higher education employees only. If you are from the private sector and interested in sponsorship opportunities, please contact email@example.com