The aim of the 2nd annual CARR Conference is to share this cutting edge research to enhance the practical applications of this work with a range of practitioners including coaches, strength and conditioning staff and sport scientists working with youth athletes.
The conference includes a range of speakers from leading international researchers in the field, to PhD students and practitioners currently working with athletes at various levels.
The conference will look to answer relevant questions for those working in the field with youth rugby players and athletes from other sports to enhance your understanding of player development and optimise your practice. These questions include:
- How do the match demands differ between different competition levels within youth rugby and how do we train players for these match demands?
- What are the physical development profiles of rugby players and how can we optimise training programmes when time is limited?
- How long do players take to recovery following a match and training and how does this impact upon the sessions that we plan?
- What are the nutrition and energy requirements of players during different stages of the season? But what do players eat?
- What are the psychological challenges rugby players face and how can we support them?
Registration starts at 09:15.
There will be opportunities throughout the day for Q&A, informal discussions with the conference concluding with a roundtable discussion.
There are limited places for this conference.
For further details please contact Ben Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org
Car parking will be available free of charge on Headingley campus, on first come first serve basis.
Save This Event
When & Where
Leeds Beckett University
Based in the thriving city of Leeds, Leeds Beckett University is one of the most popular in the United Kingdom. With over 29,000 students and 3,000 staff, we are a people business and our contribution to the region and beyond is significant.
We value our students' dreams and goals; our university is committed to preparing them for the world of work in the best possible way.