Actions and Detail Panel
The Copycourse - persuasive writing
Fri 5 May 2017, 09:30 – 17:00 BST
This course is not about learning to use good grammar. It is about how to inspire your reader to take action in the digital world.
We look at things from first principles: What happens in communication, persuasion and writing?
Non-native English speakers love this course because it’s about storyline and persuasion.
We spend a day together. All attendees then have an hour with Gideon after the course to focus on a specific piece of work. Our past attendees have told us that this coaching made a big difference to how confidently they applied their learning.
It doesn’t matter what size your company is or how much experience you’ve already had.
We all have to write persuasively – sometimes for the big ticket item to the customer, sometimes to gather our own colleagues around a project idea or a workstream.
You will become a crusader of good writing in your company.
You’ll also become adept at holding your colleagues to account for the quality of information they are willing to provide, because without this, there can be no decent copy. By the end of this course, you’ll probably also have an urge to improve the processes that surround your content production.
Here's what you will learn:
- Where to start and where and when to finish. If persuasive writing hard to do, it’s because you’re not doing it right. How to get over the writer’s block.
- Understand the value of real information and insight. How to find it, how to use it, and why it makes everything easier to write and read.
- Learn how to use headlines that make the reader stick with you till the end. The best headlines often write themselves when you’ve written the body text.
- Accurate needn’t mean dull. You will learn to seek out the boffins in your company that really know what they’re talking about and leverage this knowledge rather than worry about translating it.
- Understand structure and how structural problems lose you readers faster than anything else. We’ll show you a simple way to root them out.
Full cost: £400 + VAT per attendee
Discounts available for students and group bookings. Please contact email@example.com to discuss your needs.
To secure your place, we ask you to pay £40 + VAT deposit now, and the remainder up to 10 days before the date of your course.
You can also book additional 1-to-1 coaching with Gideon here, beyond the hour that you automatically receive as part of the course.