Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen - Brené Brown
The Daring Way™ is a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Brené Brown. It has been developed to help men and women learn how to show up, be seen, and live braver lives. We will be applying the method to our professional lives as coaches and helping professionals.
During the process we explore topics such as vulnerability, courage, shame, and worthiness. We examine the thoughts, emotions, and behaviours that are holding us back and we identify the new choices and practices that will move us toward more authentic and wholehearted living. The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and developing daily practices that transform the way we live, lead and show up in our professional capacities.
Here's what we will explore...
- the arena as a metaphor for showing up and living more bravely - you'll choose the arena(s) YOU want to step into with more heart and courage.
- the importance of vulnerability in cultivating courage - you'll be invited to explore how you 'do' vulnerability in a safe and supported space.
- how to develop empathy and what to do when empathy fails - I'll teach you how to empathise in a way that means you never again need to 'not know what to say'.
- how shame is triggered, and how to build shame-resilience.
- the incremental, small moments that can build or break trust - and who really has YOUR trust.
The course will be facilitated by Jacqui Sjenitzer, a coach, psychologist, and Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator.
Dr. Brené Brown Ph.D. LMSW is a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past twelve years studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness, and shame. She is the author of two #1 New York Times bestsellers; Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead (2012), and The Gifts of Imperfection (2010).
Further information is available at www.thedaringway.com
For information on future Daring Way™ events in Cumbria and the North of England please visit www.braveologist.co.uk.
Attendance at this training does not give you the accreditation to deliver The Daring Way™. All assets are for personal use only - only certified CDWFs and CDWF-Candidates are authorised to use these materials in a professional setting. The course is for participants to explore their own development.
(Please also note the Friday 11th session will also finish at 5pm)