Actions and Detail Panel
The Daring Way™ for Female Leaders
Wed, 26 Apr 2017, 09:30 – Thu, 27 Apr 2017, 17:00 BST
"That deep fear we all have of being wrong, of being belittled and of feeling less than, is what stops us taking the very risks required to move our companies forward"
- Peter Sheahan, Changelabs
The Daring Way™ is a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Brené Brown, exploring courage and reslience in the workplace. Through the course we will examine the armour we often put on as female leaders (such as perfectionism and people pleasing) and work through what stops us from truly showing up.
During the process we will also explore...
- the beliefs that we hold which stop us from stepping in to our leadership, our creativity and our innovation
- the behaviours that we engage in which get in the way of connection
- the attributes and the barriers to empathy in the workplace, and how to close the gap
- the incremental, small moments that can build or break trust
- the importance of vulnerability to unleash vision in the workplace
- how choosing courage over comfort will drive leadership behaviors and employee engagement
(Please note the Wednesday 8th session will finish at 5pm)
This Daring Way™ course is intended to be employer funded. Here are some suggested ways to discuss the benefits of your attendance on the course for your company:
- The course supports attendees in building their confidence and resilience in the workplace
- The course examines concepts such as trust, empathy and connection in team building
- The course gives attendees tools and skills to lead authentically and to collaborate.
- The course gives attendees techniques to get braver in their innovation and creativity
Dr. Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work.
She has spent the past fifteen years studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy and is the author of three #1 New York Times bestsellers – The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, and Rising Strong.
Her TED talk – The Power of Vulnerability – is one of the top five most viewed TED talks in the world with over 25 million views.
The course will be facilitated by Roxanne Hobbs (CPCC, ACC, CDWF-Candidate)
Further information is available at www.thedaringway.com
For information on future Daring Way™ events in London please visit http://thehobbsconsultancy.com/the-daring-way-individual.php