Join us in November 2016 for The Daring Way™ Workshop
The Daring Way™ is a highly experiential methodology based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. The method was developed to help men, women, and adolescents learn how to show up, be seen, and live braver lives. The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and developing a courage practice that transforms the way we live, love, parent, and lead.
When it comes to your personal or professional life…..
- Do you find your inner critic running the show?
- Are you able to embrace your imperfections and find the power in doing so?
- Do you want to cultivate the courage to go the extra mile?
- Are you tired of 'hustling' for acceptance from others?
During The Daring Way™ weekend you will learn how to apply the insights and research findings into your day-to-day life. You choose the area you want to work on and through a process of sharing, learning and exploring you will find powerful and transforming new ways to show up wholeheartedly in your life.
The Daring Way™ will help you -
- Deepen your relationships
- Cultivate intimacy and connection
- Develop courage and embrace your vulnerability
- Let go of fears that hold you back
- Drop the need for perfectionism
- Demonstrate compassion and empathy to deepen your connection to others
- Increase your capacity to experience joy, contentment, stillness and creativity
- Embrace the power of your own life story
The workshop is an interactive mix of -
- Psycho experiential and educational Exploration
- Viewings of videos from Brené, created specifically for The Daring Way™
- Group discussion
- Creative exercises
Friday 11 November (7pm - 10pm)
Saturday 12 November (10am - 6pm)
Sunday 13 November (10am - 5.30pm)
Included in the registration fee -
- Your personal copy of The Daring Way™ workbook
- Light refreshments during the weekend
- Post workshop activity
About Brené Brown
Dr. Brené Brown Ph.D. LMSW is a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past twelve years studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness, and shame. Her groundbreaking research has been featured on PBS, NPR, CNN, The Katie Show, and Oprah Winfrey’s Super Soul Sunday.
Brené is the author of the #1 New York Times Bestseller, Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the way we Live, Love, Parent, and Lead (2012), the New York Times Bestseller, The Gifts of Imperfection (2010) and I Thought It Was Just Me (2007).
Brené’s 2010 TEDx Houston talk, The Power of Vulnerability, is one of the top ten most viewed TED talks in the world, with over 11 million viewers. Additionally, Brené gave the closing talk at the 2012 TED conference where she talked about shame, courage, and innovation.
Further information is available at www.brenebrown.com
When & Where
The Daring Way™ method was designed for work with individuals, couples, families, work teams, and organizational leaders. It can be facilitated in clinical, educational, and professional settings. During the process we explore topics such as vulnerability, courage, shame, and worthiness. We examine the thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that are holding us back and we identify the new choices and practices that will move us toward more authentic and wholehearted living.
The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and developing daily practices that transform the way we live, love, parent, and lead.
Further information is available at www.thedaringway.com.