The Design Trust online course: Making the most of selling at (Christmas) markets & popups
Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 20:00 - Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 20:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Do you want to sell your creative products at markets or popups this Christmas?
Are you already selling at markets, but want to get better at showing off your products, pricing them and attracting more visitors? To get more sales? Get people to come back?
Our new online training programme can help you!
The Design Trust has developed this new programme with Future Foundry in Folkestone, Crafty Fox Market, We Are Popup and Etsy to provide practical, online training for new market traders to help you sell more at markets and popups. This Christmas!!
The practical, online programme will be delivered by Patricia van den Akker, Director of The Design Trust, who is a very experienced trainer and marketer, who has helped 1,000s of small creative businesses to succeed.
The 6 online workshops:
The online workshops will take place on Wednesday evenings in November 2015 and January 2016:
Webinar 1: 10 questions to answer before you can sell at a market or popup – Weds 11 November from 8pm – 9pm
In this first introduction session Patricia will talk you step-by-step through some of the things that you need to think about before you can start selling at a market or popup. From what you will be selling, to finding the right market or location, positioning, costing and pricing, marketing, taking payments, to keeping it legal and registering with the tax man.
Webinar 2: Your products, display and pricing – Weds 18 November from 8pm – 9pm
In this second session we will be talking about how to best display and price your products. We will be looking at how you can make your products even more attractive for example by making them more gifteable and telling your (local) story. Patricia will show you how to create collections and why that is important.
Webinar 3: Starting to promote & sell yourself – Weds 25 November from 8pm – 9pm
In this practical session we firstly tackle your worries about marketing and promoting yourself with the 6 marketing myths. Which one(s) do you believe, and are holding you back?
Patricia will share with you very practical marketing tips that you can use to attract people to your market stall or popup, including examples of invites and visual price lists. And she will give you practical tips on how to start talking to potential customers (that important first step!), and how to sell more professionally and confidently, without losing your personality.
Webinar 4: Social media to promote your market stall or popup – Weds 2 December from 8pm – 9pm
You are probably already using social media such as Instagram and Twitter for personal use, but are you using it to get visitors to your market stall or popup?
In this last session in this year Patricia will be giving you lots of practical tips on what social media to use, and when. She will show why sharing your online shop, website or Facebook page is crucial to get more sales. She will share lots of examples too that you can use to get more visitors and sales this Christmas too. And you will get an easy-to-use social media calendar, especially for Christmas, and lots of tips of what to write, tweet and blog about too!
Webinar 5: Beyond Christmas – Wednesday 13 January from 8pm – 9pm
In this first session of 2016 we will review your Christmas sales, and what worked and what didn’t.
It’s far easier to get lots of interest in sales in the run up to Christmas, but how can you continue to have sales in the quieter winter months too? Patricia will be talking about what you can do to keep getting visitors and sales in the quieter seasons.
Webinar 6: Beyond the market, starting online - Wednesday 27 January from 8pm – 9pm
In this last session we will be talking about how to continue getting sales, and how to get started with selling your products online. What are the options? How do you select the right one for you? And we do a short intro to selling online, with good images and product descriptions.
The skype interviews:
Patricia will be video interviewing experts to give you lots of additional advice and tips, from the people who organise some of the most popular creative markets and popups. A great way to learn!
- Sinead Koehler, the founder of the popular Crafty Fox markets in London
- Abigail Freeman of We Are Pop Up
- More interviewees to be announced.
How will this online training work?
- Join us from the comfort of your own studio or home: this is an online programme so you can join us with your own computer or laptop for the live webinar sessions. It’s a very flexible way to get the skills you need to make the most of your market or popup!
- The webinar sessions are audio visual so you can watch from your own computer the presentation, wherever you are in the UK. All presentations will be made available to you for downloading and printing. During these sessions you can ask questions via a text box, and Patricia will answer as many questions as she can. You can also ask additional questions on our private forum after the webinars.
- All the sessions will be recorded so you don’t have to be available for the entire course. You can watch the webinar recordings, whenever it suits you, and as often as you like! The entire course will be available to you till April 2016.
- We use one hub where you will find all the info: it's a special, private online training platform, which is very easy to use and you can log in whenever you like. This is were you will find all the info about the programme, how to register for the webinars, to watch the recordings and the skype interviews, to network with the other participants, and to ask additional questions to Patricia.
How much will it cost?
This entire programme is only £35 per person, including the 6 webinars, the skype interviews, the presentations, worksheets and templates.
This is a highly subsidised price that The Design Trust is only able to offer you as we are working with our various partners who are contributing and promoting this special programme.
What is the refund policy?
You can cancel your participation of this programme till Monday 9 November for a full refund. Once the course has started then we do not provide any refunds.
The Design Trust
The Design Trust is an online business school for designers and makers, and other creative freelancers and small business owners. We regularly provide online workshops and courses on a wide range of creative business topics.