Actions and Detail Panel
The Essential Legal and Compliance Update for Recruiters (Manchester #2)
Tue 18 October 2016, 14:00 – 17:00 BST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
In this essential legal and compliance seminar, we'll update you on these key issues:
- T&S, 6 months on ~ I'm still standing. The T&S changes have been in play for six months now. Picking up where our popular January seminars left off, we will look at the impact of April’s changes. What expenses are allowed? What are the current models and how ‘safe’ are they? What works and what doesn’t?
- Coming to labour markets near you soon! ~ The Director of Labour Market Enforcement and the powerful new Gangmaster and Labour Abuse Authority that will have enforcement powers beyond the current licensed sectors. Provisions of the Immigration Act 2016 which have little to do with immigration, but a lot to do with you and your business. We’ll look at the plans and highlight our concerns.
- MSCs ~ A wider ‘umbrella’ than we thought? We’ll look at how, in a recent case, the Managed Service Company and debt transfer provisions have been brought into play against the payroll provider, via a broad interpretation of the word ‘involvement’.
- IR35, off-payroll working in the public sector ~ The not so thin end of the wedge? The Government’s consultation closed in August. What do we know about the proposals and what is likely to happen? What will these changes mean for your recruitment business or umbrella company? What is ‘the public sector’ (under current plans, not only the usual suspects but e.g. Transport for London; The Museum of London; The Royal Botanic Garden, Kew and (in respect of some of their functions) the BBC and The Bank of England!)? Is the public sector a testing ground for a wider application of this principle?
- HMRC: Pay now, argue later (if you’ve not gone bust in the meantime!). How HMRC’s new accelerated payment regime is a game-changer for those on the receiving end of a challenge. The stakes just got higher for those gambling in potential tax evasion.
- Flat-rate VAT. We’ll look at HMRC’s current approach to the use of flat rate VAT schemes and the impact of their increased scrutiny in various sectors.
- Sector focus, lorry drivers ~ Steering into trouble? We’ll look at specific concerns raised by the Road Haulage Association (RHA) around false self-employment and tax evasion in their sector. As the RHA explains: “anyone driving a lorry for another company cannot be self-employed.” Is HMRC watching you?
- The “Gig Economy”. With UBER, Deliveroo and Hermes making the headlines with challenges to how they engage with the people who provide their services and the highly critical report of working practices at Sports Direct International plc, we’ll look at what all this means for recruiters and how they supply clients.
- Apprenticeship Levy. Understand what it is and how it may impact on you and your clients. What will your clients expect from you and what can you do to ensure you achieve some value from the levy.
Discounts for TEAM members and Chrome HR customers.
Please select the appropriate ticket type when making your booking.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please contact Stephen on 0161 358 0545 and, if he doesn't know the answer himself, he'll direct you to someone who does.