The Essentials of Email Marketing
A non-technical course designed for people with limited experience in email marketing. This course is well suited to people who wish to improve their knowledge and get better results.
Learn how to:
- Plan, develop and refine your email marketing strategy and evaluate ROI (Return on Investment)
- How to get your emails opened, read and acted upon
Email Marketing and the law
- Understanding the basics of Data Protection Law - who you can and can't send emails to
- Your obligation with unsubscribes
- Understanding the rights of consumers & businesses
Planning your email campaigns
- Setting objectives
- Targeting and segmenting your recipients
- Touch strategy considerations
- How to refine and improve performance
Get your audience to open your email
- Getting your email into the inbox, deliverability
- The essential elements - friendly from, subject line, timings and more
Get your audience to react to your email
- Writing effectively for email
- The smart way to use links
- Prominent call to action
Evaluate your performance
- Understanding campaign metrics
- Set realistic goals
- Understanding behaviours of potential customers
Review of your campaigns
- Delegates are invited to send in their recent campaigns for review and comment during this part of the course. This is an excellent way to gather real feedback and gain ideas from other people and their campaigns to apply to your own marketing.
“I really enjoyed the course and found the session informative and very valuable. It makes such a difference making it fun too,” Matt Adamson, Swains PLC
Delegates will be contacted by the trainer prior to the training event and invted to send in thier recent campaigns for review and comment during the session. This is an excellent way to gather real feedback, gain ideas from other people to apply to your own marketing.
Teas & coffees will be provided.
*There is a cancellation fee with this ticket*
Course Tutor: Holly Stibbon
Holly has worked in the online marketing industry since 1998 and is currently a Director of Website Design & Email Marketing Company 101Smart.
She is responsible for developing and delivering strategies for sales and business management as well as customer service and project management. Smart Messenger, 101’s email marketing facility was introduced by Holly in 2003 and is used by hundreds of businesses in across the UK. Holly has been advising and assisting businesses with the planning and implementation of their online marketing strategies for the past fifteen years.
She is focussed, thinks quickly on her feet and her results speak for themselves. She understands how important it is to understand her customers and their business objectives and invests the time to get to know all the businesses she works with.
When & Where
MENTA- Marketing Courses
Menta - The Suffolk Enterprise Agency.
Menta is a not-for-profit social enterprise - we exist to help you start and grow your small business.
We provide a range of employment and HR courses, suitable for SMEs in the East Anglia region.
We can help you manage your team, follow employment legislation and motivate your team more efficiently, so you can grow your business more effectively.
If you have any bespoke training courses or coaching needs, please do get in touch. Contact us on 0800 085 5090.