San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Facilitative Leader
Leaders of charities are facing particularly challenging times at present. Their budgets are being cut and yet they are still expected to maintain or even improve and develop services.
This subsidised one day training event is for leaders in Scottish charities who would like to stop and pause for a day with other leaders and explore how they might be able to work most effectively in the current climate by using a more facilitative approach.
The day will give participants the opportunity to explore how the values, skills and practices of facilitation can increase their effectiveness as leaders and will offer some practical tools and techniques for building a collaborative workplace.
- Defining Facilitative Leadership
- Exploring Strengths and Challenges of Facilitative Leadership
- Creating a Collaborative Climate
- The Empowerment Model
- Strategies for Managing Ineffective Behaviours
- Systematic Problem Solving
- Effective Meeting Design
By the end of the programme, participants will have:
- Explored the underlying principles and core practice of the facilitative leader
- Reinforced facilitation skills through hands-on practice and feedback
- Acquired mental models for structuring empowerment, effective decision-making and creating a climate of collaboration
- Experienced intervention tools and techniques for facilitating effective meetings
This programme is for Chief Officers and Senior Leaders only.
If you would like more than one person from your organisation to attend, we can add them onto a waiting list. If a week before the programme there are free places, we can make these available to those on the waiting list.
When & Where
Our Vision is: 'Excellent Third Sector Leadership in Scotland'
Our Mission is to:
Shape the future of Scotland's third sector by providing every leader with opportunities to develop, influence and excel
If you are a third sector leader in Scotland click HERE to become a member of ACOSVO or to find out more