Actions and Detail Panel
The Fraud & Cybercrime Forum May 2017
Tue 23 May 2017, 09:30 – 17:00 BST
09:30 Registration & Coffee
10:00 Welcome & Introductions
Forum news & updates
(Darren Hodder, Manager Fraud & Cybercrime Forum)
10:15 Session 1: Trump & Brexit, What Impacts Can We Expect?
An interactive debate, what is the global outlook for cross border crime detection and prevention given the current regulatory and political landscape? There are many regulatory changes on the horizon with impacts for data protection, anti money laundering and payments. Will Donald Trump be a positive or negative impact? How will Brexit impact upon how we work?
(Session facilitator to be confirmed)
11:00 Coffee & networking break
11:30 Session 2: Gamification for Staff Training
- Core cross-industry issues with compliance training.
- What is gamification? How gamification makes the training more effective
- Open discussion on issues we face with training & some pointers on how these issues might (or might not) be addressed with game-based and alternative approaches
(Phil Goodacre, E3 Compliance Training Ltd)
12:15 Session 3: Cybercrime, Fraud & GDPR
- Are you ready for the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- How will GDPR impact upon our measures to prevent and investigate financial crime?
(Neil Hare-Brown, Storm Guidance)
13:45 Session 4: TRA PSD EBA SCA RTS. Why You Need to Know These Three-Letter Abbreviations (TLA) for Your Payments
How is the new PSD2 going to affect fraud prevention and detection in businesses, PSPs and banks? Jon Williams will tease out the implications of the recent regulatory changes from the European Banking Authority and why it's important for your payment operations.
(Jonathan Williams, Mk2 Consulting)
14:30 Session 5: TBC
Topic and facilitator to be confirmed
15:15 Networking Drinks & Refreshments
There will be a range of drinks (alcoholic and soft drinks) with some nibbles provided and an opportunity to mingle with the other delegates and speakers; so that you can network and exchange ideas, ask questions and expand your professional network.
17:00 Event Closes
Joining the Fraud & Cybercrime Forum
The Fraud & Cybercrime forum is a membership forum. The cost of subscription is currently £600 per year and provides you, and your organisation, with the following benefits:
- Access to a minimum of 4 forum meetings annually, each of 1 day duration for any 2 members of staff within your organisation
- Access to members to share experiences and draw on each other’s knowledge
- Development and enhancement of best and new practice in tackling fraud & cybercrime
- Build personal and professional networks among peers and subject experts
- Access to a members only website which includes presentations and materials from previous meetings
- Regular email alerts and updates including a daily media alert from Operation Sterling
- Input into UK law enforcement and other bodies to steer policy and gain access to intelligence
- Earn CPD / CPE points by attending our meetings
If you would like to subscribe then please contact us directly. If your organisation is interested in sponsoring the forum then please also contact us via email.