Actions and Detail Panel
The Future of European Democracy
Wed 18 November 2015, 13:30 – 18:00 GMT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
This free, interactive event for people aged 18-30 will explain and explore the interactions between the European Parliament, the UK Parliament and the devolved administrations of the UK in the context of the future of democracy.
You’ll have the opportunity to hear directly from the European Parliament and UK Parliament, plus a chance to ask questions. No previous knowledge or experience of the European Parliament or politics is necessary.
Please note that spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Book your ticket now!
Highlights of the event include:
- Democracy - what’s that all about?: an introduction to its merits, its limitations and its practices
- Presentation about the role and function of the UK Parliament, followed by a Q&A session with UK Parliament staff
- Presentation about the role and function of the European Parliament, followed by a Q&A session with European Parliament staff
- Exploration of citizenship and our role in a democratic society
- Designing the future: what does the future of democracy look like?
This is one of two events being organized by the European Parliament for Parliament Week – a series of events and activities that connect people across the UK with Parliament and democracy. The other event will be held in Edinburgh on Friday 20th November. You can book a place at the Edinburgh event HERE.
Please note that we will take photographs of the event and you will have the opportunity to record film clips of your response to questions raised about the topics to be shared on social media and the European Parliament’s website.