Coffee & Cake Business Network April 2015
- Business & Professional
- Cafe Society, HD1 1DR Huddersfield
Following the phone hacking scandal and with newspaper sales falling as the world goes digital, what is the future for journalism?
The Future of Journalism is a panel discussion bringing together a group of names working in journalism and related fields:
Tom Watson MP - took part in the Leveson Inquiry, co-author of Dial M for Murdoch: News Corporation and the Corruption of Britain.
Adam Christie, Vice President of the National Union of Journalists (NUJ)
Dawn-Maria France, Editor of Yorkshire Women's Life
Roy Wright, Editor of the Huddersfield Examiner
Dr Stephen Dorril, Senior Lecturer in Journalism, University of Huddersfield
Asam Shah, Digital Journalist, The Next Web, BBC and Al Jazeera
Please note that the panel may be subject to change at any point up to or on the night.
Presented by Key Words and the Huddersfield Creative Arts Network in collaboration with the Journalism and Media department at the University of Huddersfield.
ASK A QUESTION ON THE NIGHT: If you have a burning question you'd like the panel to answer on the night or for any further information on this event, please email: Michelle@key-words.co.uk or call 01484 430 228.
1. Entrance is Canalside East (CE ground floor, Room 28) on Firth St
2. Doors open at 6.30pm, event starts promptly at 7pm.
3. Refunds cannot be given for any cancellations less than 48 hours before the event. If you invite someone to take your place, please inform the organisers.
4. Concession tickets are for full-time students and those receiving benefits. Anyone booking a concession ticket must show the relevant cards on the door.
Michelle Hodgson is the Director of Key Words Copywriting Ltd and Director of the Huddersfield Literature Festival. She runs a monthly networking group, the Coffee & Cake Business Network, which takes place on the third Thursday of each month, 4.30-6pm at Cafe Society, Huddersfield.
A professional copywriter and journalist with a background in book publishing PR and national newspapers, she is also a member of HCAN (Huddersfield Creative Arts Network) and HTCPL (Huddersfield Town Centre Partnership).
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.