This conference brings together researchers and scientists from the UK and abroad to discuss the direction of future transportation technology.
PLP Architecture will introduce their design for CarTube, a pioneering mobility solution which combines two existing modes of transport, automated electric cars and mass transit, into a single, seamless underground road system.
Cartube website page: www.cartube.global
The concept is a network of relatively small bore tunnels under major conurbations where only automated electric cars can travel. Car stack storage is integral.
The infrastructure needs of global megacities are immense. By separating the track from the vehicles in ownership and investment terms a new paradigm opens up.
A network grid with cells of around 1 km is drilled with any stopping located off the running network.
- Lars Hesselgren, Director Research at PLP Architecture
- Esfandiar Khaleghi, Chair of GLR YMP, Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Nick Reed, Research Director at Transport Research Laboratory
- Niloy J. Mitra, Professor at University College London
- Paul Shepherd, Lecturer in Digital Architectonics at University of Bath
- Kevin McCullagh, Founder of Plan London
- Richard Koeck, Professor at Liverpool University
- Stelios Rodoulis, Innovation Researcher at Jacobs
- Tuba Kocaturk, Director RUE Network at Liverpool University
- Jim Coleman, Chief Economist at Buro Happold
- Karl Sharro, Director at PLP Architecture
- Thomas Sevcik, Managing Director Arthesia
- David Lutton - Executive Director/ Policy at London First
- Arnd Bätzner – Ph.D. Researcher at University of St. Gallen
CarTube will be presented during a conference organized by PLP Architecture and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) http://www.imeche.org/. The event will take place on 2nd December at the IMechE headquarters at 1 Birdcage Walk, Westminster, London SW1H 9JJ
We would be delighted to have you attend this conference and you are welcome to stay for drinks afterwards.