Actions and Detail Panel
The Futures of Legal Education
Tue 26 September 2017, 10:00 – 16:30 BST
The Futures of Legal Education is a joint, one day conference, held in partnership with the Open University. This conference will give participants the opportunity to explore the current and potential opportunities and challenges facing legal education. The day will include keynote speakers, including Fiona Cownie (Keele University), Nicky Priaulx (Cardiff University) and Andy Unger (LSBU), a plenary panel and a number of streams covering a diverse and exciting range of topics and formats.
Proposals are now welcomed for inclusion within these streams. These can take the form of individual, 20 minute papers and panels or interactive workshops of up to an hour. Any proposals relating to the futures of legal education will be considered, but potential themes could include:
- Uses of, and innovations in, learning theories in legal education.
- Uses of, and innovations in, technology within legal education.
- Ethics and values in legal education
- Legal education and affect.
- Proposed reforms to the law school curriculum.
- Legal education and employability.
- The relationship between the law degree and the legal profession.
Proposals (not exceeding 500 words) should be submitted to Emma Jones by email – email@example.com no later than 5PM on Wednesday, 31st May. Any questions should also be addressed to Emma.
The fee includes the lunch and all the materials.
Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to Dr. Emma Jones, Lecturer in Law at The Open University Law School with any queries you may have regarding the events.
Direct dial: +44 (0) 01908 654311