Nestled in the heart of Hampshire, lies a quaint little city with a voracious appetite for gin...
Welcome to Ginchester!
Following the success of the Ginchester Fête in 2016, Cabinet Rooms is bringing their unique event back for World Gin Day on Saturday 10 June 2017. This year, we are very excited to be hosting the festival in the breathtaking setting of the Great Hall.
This is truly a local event for local people and a chance to celebrate all that is great about the region's food and drink scene - naturally with a focus on all things gin!
But this is not your run-of-the-mill gin event. Yes, we'll be sampling some fantastic gins but the Ginchester Fête is also a great opportunity to have some fun as we enter into the spirit of a quintessential English summer fête.
Join us at one (or both!) of two sessions on World Gin Day and...
- Enjoy a complimentary gin punch on arrival
- Have some fun at our quirky 'village fête' with games and amusements
- Enjoy a G&T or gin cocktail at the Cabinet Rooms Gin Bar sponsored by Winchester Distillery
- Learn more about local gin production with the team from Winchester Distillery
- Meet your favourite local distillers, such as Gorilla Spirits and Pothecary Gin
- Sample unique and unusal gins from further afield
- Pick up food with a gin flavour from local producers, such as Parsonage Farm who make their own charcuterie using local Twisted Nose gin
- Peruse local artisan crafts and arts and textiles from some of the area's most interesting traders
If tickets cost £10 why am I being charged more?
Tickets for the Ginchester Fête cost £10, which includes VAT. Eventbrite also charges a booking fee on top of the ticket price.
What does my ticket get me?
Your ticket entitles you to entry to your chosen session and a cup of gin punch on arrival.
How long will each session last?
Each session will last approximately 2.5 hours. Please note that the Cabinet Rooms Gin Bar will close half an hour before the end of the session.
Do you offer refunds or exhanges?
Due to the large administrative and operational costs of delivering large events such as the Ginchester Fête, tickets are non-refundable. If you are unable to use your tickets for whatever reason you are able to pass them on to a gin-lover in your life!
Do I need to tell you if I have food allergies?
If you have any allergies or food intolerances please let your server know before you order your drinks.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit?
Tickets should only be purchased by persons aged 18 years or over. The organisers of the Ginchester Fête support the Challenge 25 initiative, meaning photographic proof of age will be required if you are lucky enough to look under 25!
By purchasing a ticket to the Ginchester Fête, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, which can be found on our website at http://www.cabinetrooms.com/booking-conditions/.