Join two of Sky's principal engineers for an exciting evening of insightful and educational tech talks around our experience with Cassandra and Continuous Integration in our Online Video Platform.
Talk one presented by Oliver Lockwood 6:30 pm to 7:15 pm
Cassandra: Building a consistent app on an eventually - consistent DB
This talk aims to cover:
- A brief introduction to Cassandra: what it’s good for, what it’s not good for, and why
- Gotchas in an eventually-consistent DB - lessons we learned the hard way
- Performing DB schema and data evolution in Cassandra for a production app
Talk two presented by Adriana Vasiu
Continuous Delivery with Kubernetes @ Sky 7:30pm to 8:15pm
The talk is based on what we currently use in Sky to build and deliver one of our platforms.
It covers the following topics:
- Problems we are trying to solve
- Design a deployment pipeline that can scale
- Generate automatically different kinds of pipelines
- Leverage Kubernetes for a flexible deployment model
- Achieve continuous delivery
Meet and Greet – 8:15 pm
After the second talk, there will be a chance to chat to our Developers / Speakers over food and drink.