San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Sign up for your free place at the Lab Challenge: Eastbourne
The challenge we have set is:
"How can we help people in Eastbourne save money or spend less?"
Join us for an exciting hack day, where you will work with the people who have entered ideas in response to this challenge. You might be challenging them because you are a local resident and understand what it is like to live in the area. You might be someone who works in the field and can share this expertise. You might have a skill to share, such as designing or coding that can help the teams make these ideas happen. Or, you might just be interested and want to muck in!
So long as you are up for joining in and making the ideas happen, you are very welcome. We're a friendly crowd and would love as many people as possible to come along with an open mind to see what we can create together on the day.
The event is free and lunch will be provided.
The Lab Lewes and Eastbourne is a partnership between Lewes District Council, Eastbourne Council and FutureGov. The aim of the project is to develop and test new, innovative approaches to supporting people in the area who are feeling the squeeze financially, whether this is down to recent changes to the benefits payments, the rising cost of living, or just plain old bad luck.
The Lab Challenge Ideas
We’ve had some fantastic ideas submitted to The Lab Challenge: Lewes District and Eastbourne on Simpl Challenges. We’re now excited to let you know which of those ideas will be going forward to the challenge event are;
1.Feed a family for £50: A healthy diet needn't cost a lot when you know how to buy, prepare and preserve it.
2. Newhaven Community Kitchen: A community kitchen in Newhaven which supports local people to cook and eat on a buget.
3. Help residents set up their own local transport: Drive down transport costs by connecting residents and their travel needs.
4. Allotment Mentoring: Older people share their allotment expertise and get help in return.
5. Energy Advice Shop: A one-stop drop-in advice shop to help drive down spending on energy and reduce fuel poverty
6. Cut You Energy Costs: A visual tool to show which appliances are costing the most to run in your house.
This is a great opportunity for you to contribute to the beginnings of a new idea, and learn and challenge each other by sharing your experiences living and working in Eastbourne. The day will culminate with an opportunity for each team to present their idea to the judging panel. This is a chance to show how the idea you've worked on will help residents spend less or save more, and get feedback on how the idea could become sustainable.
When & Where
FutureGov is the digital and design company for public services.