The MWN Helpline: Tackling Abuse in the West Midlands
A mini conference is being held where you will hear more about how the MWN Helpline which was launched in January 2015. The event is being hosted by Councillor Paulette Hamilton- Cabinet Member for Health and Social Care.
The day will:
- Highlight the range and frequency of issues being supported on the helpline; including; domestic abuse, sexual abuse, forced marriage, marriage and divorce, and mental health issues.
- Reflect on lessons from this faith and culturally sensitive service.
- Promote some key awareness raising resources published by MWNUK.
- Reflect on the challenges and possibilities of working together across agencies and within our communities.
Event Date and Time
The event is being held on Wednesday 17 May 2017.
Registration on the day starts from 10am with programme starting at 10.30am and finishing at 2pm.
Speakers will include:
- Councillor Paulette Hamilton- Cabinet Member for Health and Social Care
- Councillor Carl Rice- Birmingham Lord Mayor
- Shaista Gohir MBE, OBE- Chair of MWNUK
- Faeeza Vaid - Executive Director of MWNUK
- Shahin Ashraf MBE- MWN Helpline Manager
Agenda and futher details of speakers will be sent to registered attendees closer to the event.
Who is this Conference Aimed at?
All individuals that can take the learnings forward in their work and through their organisations to better protect vulnerable women and girls.
Individuals could include; Decision Makers e.g. Local Govt Officials • Health professionals • Police • CPS • Teachers / Education • Social Services • Crown Prosecution Service • Safeguarding • Domestic Abuse / Drugs / Alcohol Outreach workers • Youth offending • Community groups / Faith based organisations
Spaces limited to one per organisation. As spaces are limited you must register via eventbrite.
Conference includes lunch. If you need to contact anyone about this conference you can email: email@example.com