Actions and Detail Panel
The North West Gathering for the Environment
Sat 25 February 2017, 10:30 – 16:45 GMT
Join us for the anual North West Gathering - Friends of the Earth's get together for people taking action for the environment and social justice issues.
Morning session 10:30 - 13:00 - Friends of the Earth Affiliates and local groups
Afternoon session 13:00 - 16:45 - Open to anyone interested in environmental and social justice issues.
Is the North West Gathering for you?
Want to know about the wonderful work that's going on in your community and share your ideas and experiences?
Are you looking for inspiration and motivation?
Did 2016 leave you feeling dismayed, but you are ready to keep fighting?
Want to to hear from experts on key issues such as - air quality, climate change and attend facinating workshops?
Need an energy boost?
Looking to turn your late winter, into an early summer :0) ...?
North West Regional gathering is the place for you!
The North West Gathering is a time to come together, to share ideas, learn from each other, hear great speakers, build energy and meet the challenges we face head on. The event is open to anyone wanting to find out more about the key environmental issues for the region. It's a great opportunity to meet like minded people, get clued up on the latest updates on key local and national campaigns and share ideas, challenges and successes.
You can expect...
Programme for the day
*Morning session - Friends of the Earth members and affiliates only*
Come and join us for a cuppa and a catch-up before the day starts.
11am welcome and organisational update with stories from the front line
Find out more about what’s new for FoE locally, nationally and internationally. See this session as a mini rally, we want to hear from you, about your campaigns, projects, challenges, successes
- Regional networking time - link up with others taking action in your area
- Community organising techniques – how can we use community organising techniques to grow and sustain our groups?
Open afternoon - We welcome anyone interested in environmental or social justice issues to our afternoon session – please do join us for the shared lunch
13:00 Bring and share lunch
Please bring some food (preferably vegetarian) to share with others.
13:45 welcome to new people
- walk and talk – urban nature
- making stuff session – get creative with some mindful crafty activities
- fracking and fossil fuels – how can we work together with this movement networking session
15:00 tea and coffee break
- Clean air – what’s going on locally and nationally with air quality work
- Devolution – what does it mean for our communities in the North West
- Wellbeing – how can we use wellbeing as a way to creative positive change?
16:30 Wrap up
What have we learnt, what’s next? Setting our New Year intentions
16:45 Heading to a local establishment
We really hope you can join us for our social. We will go somewhere that serves non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks.