San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Makerspaces, Hackspaces and Fablabs
This month's The Platform, curated by Sheffield Digital, looks at the burgeoning maker and fabrication scene in Sheffield. We will hear from the people who have created spaces where anyone can design, prototype and develop brand new ideas and products. Some of these spaces are long established, while others are now in the process of being born. But how do they work? What capabilities do they offer? How much do they cost? And how can you get involved?
Subject to final confirmations, we'll hear from:
- Sheffield Hardware Hackers and Makers, and the Sheffield Hackspace at Portland Works.
- The RoCo's new collaboration with Tom Tobia from Makerversity.
- The venerable Refab Space at Access Space.
- Barclay's imminent pop-up Eagle Lab with Sheffield Hallam University and ObjectForm.
- Learn Create Sell by the Hantu Collective.
We very much look forward to seeing you there!
When & Where
The Platform is a collaborative effort between Business Sheffield, The Workstation and Sheffield Technology Parks.