Actions and Detail Panel
The Portrait Photography Experience
Sat 26 November 2016, 14:00 – 18:00 GMT
Unleash your inner portrait photographer with our Portrait Photography Experience.
Are your little ones growing up in front of your eyes and you don't have many photographs of them?
Or do you have plenty of iPhone snaps that are blurry, badly lit and missing body parts?!
Do you dream of setting up a photography business later on and you are trying to accomplish a portrait portfolio?
Then this course really will help you with all of the above and more!
Starting with the technical element and equipment,we will quickly progress onto how to put people at ease, how to co-ordinate a shoot, choose locations, work on poses in order to achieve the style of portrait photography you desire and editing styles for portrait photography.
The Portrait Photography Experience will be held at Easthampstead Park Conference Centre - a perfect combination of stately homes, urban wall backdrops, manicured gardens and messy meadows and fields - a whole variety of experiences for you to achieve a varied portfolio and get you confident with portraiture photography.
Our first course is on Saturday 26th November at 2pm - 6pm
We have an early bird rate of £85 for the first 4 people then it goes to £95. Classes are limited to 10 people.
We do recommend having attended the Complete Photography Experience first to give you a solid grounding of photographic terms and able to use your camera on manual - dates available here.
The Course Objectives are:
- Selecting the best equipment, lenses and accessories for portrait photography
- The best camera settings for professional looking images including achieving that blurry background!
- Understanding the Exposure Triangle of Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO (as well as white balance)
- Learn how to interact with a subject - children, teenagers and adults
- The psychology of being able to put people at ease and achieve fun, relaxed images
- Understand different poses for full length to head and shoulders
- Be able to read lighting and choose specific areas because of the light
- How to go location scouting and find gem's of locations every time
- Capture personalities and wonderful portraits that you and your client would love
- The most important point - understand how to use your camera and feel CONFIDENT with portrait photography.