Start Ups & Vino - a network that brings together the extraordinary talent of London's start up community to share highs & lows, support & advice, most importantly over a glass of vino!
The Power of Community: this event will seek to explore the following:
- how the power of community has the ability to drive a movement/mission;
- how communities have specifically helped to drive the start up industry across the globe;
- the degree to which community has disrupted the human behavioral norm.
I have 4 awesome community visionaries confirmed:
Founder of Bhere.TV, a platform that brings business leaders live online. Startup mentor and judge at Virgin Startup, Startup Weekend & Mass Challenge. Ex-Orange, ex-Reebok. Contributor to Virgin.com. Marian was featured in New Europe 100 (organised by Financial Times, Google, Respublica and Visegrad Fund), the list of outstanding challengers who are leading world class innovation from Central and Eastern Europe.
A co-working and community space home to a number of the most ambitious and promising startups in the London tech scene. Current members of the Runway East community have raised £20million in VC funding in the last eight months and include the likes of 'tinder for fashion' app, Grabble, food waste solution, Winnow, and Tech City UK. Prior to this she launched Task Firm providing on demand, vetted freelancers - and has worked with a variety of leading companies across Silicon Valley and London startups. Passionate about entrepreneurship, Natasha is a Director of ICE List - a thriving community of European Entrepreneurs and Investors.
The app that lets you run virtually with friends on the other side of the city or the other side of the world. An internet entrepreneur and technologist with over 20 years experience, Chris has worked in areas including mobile and desktop apps for major brands, massively multiplayer games, and social media management systems.
- 18:30 - Arrival & drinks
- 19:00 - Panel discussion
- 20:00 - Drinks
- 20:30/21:00 - Finish
I'm also thrilled that S&V is continuing to work with the following partners:
- Howdy Hub - connecting your audience with the right people
- The Prince's Trust - providing access to Start Ups & Vino for London's raw talent - also possible recruitment avenue of young & talented.
- Cazenove - Cazenove Capital is one of the UK’s oldest and largest wealth management businesses. From its inception in 1823 until today, Cazenove Capital has helped manage the wealth of entrepreneurs from the initial stages of creating a business right through to exit and beyond. Our wealth planning team (in conjunction with portfolio managers) offers expertise in helping entrepreneurs ensure that the structure of the business, as well as its growth plans, are the right solutions for their personal affairs as well as their family. Making use of basic tax allowances, ensuring compliance with entrepreneurs tax relief and using business protection are just a few of the many issues that we find many entrepreneurs forgo in favour of time spent on corporate issues alone. If you are thinking of setting up or are now running a business and would appreciate some input from experienced professionals, we would be delighted to discuss some of the issues you may be facing.