The Power of Happy, Healthy & Productive Workplaces
Tuesday 17th May, 07:45-10:00am, BuroHappold, Bath
Don’t miss this fascinating first joint Low Carbon South West and Go Green Business Breakfast as we explore how the quality of our working environment directly impacts our performance.
This business breakfast, hosted by BuroHappold Engineering with Harmsen Tilney Shane, will examine how the design and operation of workplaces can impact on people’s health, wellbeing and productivity.
- Discover the measurable impact that health, wellbeing and productivity can have on business performance. Performance will be considered holistically from the perspective of people, the planet and also organisational profit.
- Be inspired by our expert speakers who will enlighten us through leading research and a range of local and international project examples.
- Find out what productivity means to different organisations and how this can be measured and positively influenced through effective design and operation.
Presentations will be followed by a chaired group discussion which will allow time for us to explore this fascinating subject in more depth.
Dr Phil Hampshire, Associate at BuroHappold Engineering, is passionate about people-centred integrated design and delivering projects that improve health, wellbeing and productivity. He leads the development of sustainability frameworks and has a range of experience across many sectors including; commercial, education, sports, entertainment, cultural, retail and residential. Phil is currently on the UK Green Building Council Retail Task Group which is defining design standards for improving the health, wellbeing and productivity of retail environments.
Stuart Kotchie, Associate at Harmsen Tilney Shane, provides change management consultancy to clients who are undertaking significant property, workplace, technology and transformational culture change. Stuart was previously Head of Corporate Property at the Environment Agency, where he managed the relocation of the 1,100-strong team. His particular expertise is understanding how property and facilities can drive and support organisational change.
This joint Low Carbon South West & Go Green Business Breakfast is a great opportunity to venture into the region’s green market place, meet like-minded people and discover new possibilities for collaboration.
Event kindly sponsored by BuroHappold Engineering
Low Carbon South West is a membership organisation working to support the growth of the low carbon and environmental sector in the South West of England. To see why you should become a member of Low Carbon South West you can see some of the benefits here.
Go Green is an initiative delivered by Low Carbon South West, in partnership with Business West, to support businesses, charities and organisations of any size, within any sector, that are working towards a sustainable future for the Bristol and West of England region. To read more about becoming a Go Green member, click here.
07:45 - 08:00 Registration, tea, coffee & networking
08:00 - 09:00 Presentations & discussion
09:00 - 10:00 Tea, coffee, pastries & networking
We are able to offer refunds for tickets purchased only if notice is given in writing at least two working days before the event.
We encourage delegates to travel sustainably to our event if at all possible:
- BuroHappold is a five-ten minute walk from Bath Spa railway station.
- There are bike racks available outside the BuroHappold office.
- To plan your journey by public transport, please click here.
- For those travelling by car, please note that there is no on-site parking available. The nearest car park is Avon Street carpark. For a map of nearby car parks, please click here.