The Quest Program for Gay Men is a psycho-educational and experiential process that allows participants to reclaim and reintegrate all aspects of themselves.
The Quest Program draws upon the latest evidence based practices including - self-inquiry, discussions in small and large groups, sharing memories, psychological exploration, visualisation, book work, journaling, coaching, self reflection and contributions from practitioners including Brené Brown, Alan Downs and David Richo.
During the process, participants get to grieve the past, release thoughts and beliefs that are no longer serving them, and practice new behaviours and beliefs that move them forward to living a life of fulfillment, connection and authentic self expression.
The Quest Program uses a map comprising of four main ‘ports of call’ as a platform to help participants better understand their past and fully step into the present:
- 'Investigate’ the past, looking at the significant moments and experiences that impacted their childhood, adolescence and early adulthood.
- 'Explore’ the present by casting a critical and inquisitive eye over their respective lives.
- An opportunity to safely work through ‘remembered’ pain and ‘Release’ the underlying toxicity that can prohibit them from love and connection.
- By initiating valuable insights and life skills each participant begins being the true architect of their lives and ‘Cultivate’ an authentic way of day to day living.
How many days are involved? (The weekend is non-residential)
- Preparation: Participants are asked make lists of reflections in response to a daily question in the week leading up to the weekend.
- Friday (7pm - 10pm): Introduction session. Preparing for the journey, setting intentions and establishing safety. Exploring significant life moments.
- Saturday (10am - 6pm): Investigating - Early childhood and adolescence experiences, Exploring - Limiting Beliefs & Survival Strategies, Investigating - Shame, Cultivating - Self Compassion + Empathy.
- Sunday (10am - 5.30pm): Exploring - Adult experiences, Cultivating - Passion, Love & Integrity, Identifying and Setting - Personal goals and Support mechanisms.
- Post Weekend Exercise: A 12-day support and reflection exercise via email.
- Follow-up 1-1 Skype coaching session: Approximately 3 weeks after the weekend.
Included in the registration fee:
- One-to-One introductory skype call with one of the facilitators before the weekend
- Pre-Program daily reflective emails from The Quest; starting 7-days before the weekend
- Participant workbook for the Program
- Refreshments and lunch during the our time together
- Post weekend 12-day group process and support
- Follow-up One-to-One 50 minutes skype coaching session, 3 weeks after the weekend
For more information, visit www.thequestawaitsyou.com