“If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
Take control of ‘what happens next’ by breaking through the monotonous cycles that have left you apprehensive of meaningful relationship, disheartened by the scene, or simply feeling suffocated by the perception of a ‘community’ that you aren’t sure even exists.
Life Coaches and Group Facilitators, Ade Adeniji & Darren Brady bring their wealth of experience, and knowledge to help you better understand the complexities, joys, challenges, frustrations, thoughts and emotions involved with being a gay man in today’s world.
Since its inception in June 2011, The Quest has been helping gay men rediscover their wholehearted selves and redefining the meaning of community. From within a supportive and safe environment, alongside a diverse range of individuals, The Quest’s work enriches relationships, with a deeper understanding of personal interactions & motivations, through self-acceptance, new possibilities and social awareness.
In attending this interactive and engaging programme, participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of how their upbringing has impacted their emotional development
- Develop an increased awareness of their limiting beliefs, behavior and habits
- Be engaged in a healing process
- Identify ways to improve their sense of self and their relationships
- Gain clarity on next steps for themselves, their relationships, and the world they live in
- Experience the support and intimacy of a group of gay men
- Create a positive and supportive new network
- Gain a greater sense of living as a gay man in todays world
The workshop is held over 2.5 days – Friday evening (7pm - 10pm), Saturday (10am - 6.00pm) and Sunday (10am - 5.30pm) and a follow-up session, 3 weeks later (7pm - 10pm).
The programme processes will include discussions in small and large groups, storytelling, psychological exploration and education, book readings, journaling, coaching and self-reflection.
Included in the workshop fee is:
- Pre-workshop daily reflective emails from The Quest; 7-days before the weekend gathering
- Participant guidebook for the workshop
- Journal for capturing insights during the workshop
- Light refreshments during the weekend
- Copy of 'Love Me As I Am: gay men reflect on their lives'
- Group follow-up evening - 3 weeks - after the Weekend Workshop
- Post workshop group process and support
- Joining a community of fellow gay Questors!
- Fri 20 - Sun 22 Febuary (follow-up: Thurs 12 March: 7 - 10pm)
- Fri 24 - Sun 26 April (follow-up: Thurs 14 May: 7 - 10pm)
- Fri 19 - Sun 21 June (follow-up: Thurs 9 July: 7 - 10pm)
- Fri 18 - Sun 20 Sept (follow-up: Thurs 8 Oct: 7 - 10pm)
- Fri 6 - Sun 8 Nov (follow-up: Thurs 26 Nov: 7- 10pm)
When & Where
The School of Social Entrepreneurs
139 Tooley Street
The Quest for Gay Men
The Quest is an exceptional resource for gay men to explore and better understand the complexities, joys, challenges, frustrations, thinking and emotions involved with being a gay man in today’s world.
Spearheaded by founders, Ade Adeniji & Darren Brady - certified Life Coaches and Group Facilitators, The Quest is helping gay men rediscover their authentic selves and redefining the meaning of community. From within a supportive and safe environment, alongside a diverse range of individuals, The Quest’s work enriches relationships, with a deeper understanding of personal interactions & motivations, through self-acceptance, new possibilities and social awareness.
The mission of The Quest is to transform the relationships that gay men have with themselves, others and the world they inhabit.
For more information, visit - www.thequestawaitsyou.com