Actions and Detail Panel
The Road to Australia: Tips for Export Success
Tue 9 May 2017, 09:30 – 13:00 BST
Join us for this half day seminar to learn more about doing business with or in Australia and to gain insights into tax and legal implications of trading in the market.
This event organised by the Department for International Trade London Region and the Australian office of Sheltons Accountants, will cover the following topics:
- Registering trademarks
- The need for an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Obtaining an Australian domain name and selling on-line
- Exporting goods or services with no direct presence in Australia, including import duties, GST (VAT) and company tax
- Establishing a simple presence (such as an agent, a distributor, a warehouse)
- Employing staff directly (by a UK employer) – employer obligations
- Branch vs subsidiary - pros and cons
- Establishing and running an Australian company
- Moving to Australia – visa and tax issues for the expat or business migrant
On the day, you will also hear from two London companies who have succeeded in entering Australia and the Intellectual Property Office will present some advice on how to protect your IP.
The speaker, Ned Shelton, will be available for 1-2-1 meetings after the event as well as the following day, Wednesday 10 May.
About the speaker
Ned Shelton is the founder and managing partner of Sheltons. Sheltons Group has been in business for more than 20 years. Sheltons Australia is an independent Sydney-based accounting firm working exclusively with SMEs based outside Australia working in the Australian market. Ned has Commerce (Accounting) and Law degrees from Australia and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in Australia. Ned has worked with internationally operating businesses for more than 25 years, has a special interest in international taxation and is known globally for his expertise in that area.
Cost: £30 (incl. VAT)
Places are limited to two delegates per company.Companies must be based within one of London’s 33 boroughs and must have been trading for a minimum of 12 months. You must be looking to increase your overseas market access. Delegates should be exporters or those new to exporting and is not suitable for agencies or intermediaries for example: international business development agencies etc.
Please follow this link for our terms and conditions:
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com, +44 (0)20 7940 1534.