Lecure by Professor Gill Baynes
Gill was Professor of Medical Imaging Education at the University of Cumbria, before early retirement. She has written many papers and book chapters, presented and chaired events internationally. She is a Gold Medal holder and a National Teaching Fellow and Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Overview of Medical Screening for cancer
- WHO Criteria for Medical Screening
- 150,00 cancer deaths predicted in UK this year
- Cancer is leading UK cause of death
- Big four cancers – breast, colorectal , lung & prostate
- Radiology as a primary or secondary screening methodology for cancer