This respected well-liked course is delivered on behalf of the RSPB by our volunteer, Chris Lee, for anyone new to the world of birds - or who just wants to find out more.
“You’ve really got me hooked into our amazing feathered friends!” was the delightful response of a recent participant.
"The quality of the teaching was second to none. Chris was the perfect man for the job! Nothing was ever too much trouble. We had group learning sessions, fun quizzes, films to watch, talks, diagrams drawn for us, maps shown, etc."
Venue: Darts Farm, Estuary room
Course Leader: Chris Lee
Start date: Thursday 16 March 2017
Finish date: Thursday 1 June 2017
Sessions: each 2 hours in length 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Number of sessions: 10 including a guided walk at RSPB Bowling Green Marsh nature reserve
Booking essential but tickets are not required as we will have a list of participants.
At the end of the course you’ll be able to tell your redshank from your greenshank and your swallow from your swift! You’ll learn about migration, equipment, conservation and you’ll be inspired to develop your identification skills further. This course is designed for you - and you’ll be able to find out more about what interests you most in the bird world.
* * Thurs 16 March: Introduction. Course outline. Bird identification: garden birds (part 1)
* * Thurs 23 March: Choosing books, magazines, websites, apps. Recording results. Bird ID: garden birds (part 2)
* * Thurs 6 April: Choosing equipment. Darts Farm walk
* * Thurs 13 April: Waders. Bird songs/calls
* * Thurs 20 April, 5.30 pm: Evening walk - RSPB Bowling Green Marsh nature reserve
Sat 291 April, 9.30 am: Daytime walk - RSPB Bowling Green Marsh nature reserve
* * Thurs 27 April: Speciation. Bird ID: wildlfowl
* * Thurs 4 May: The work of the RSPB Bird ID: seabirds.
* * Thurs 11 May: Bird behaviour. Bird senses. Bird ID: countryside/field
* * Thurs 25 May: Migration. Bird ID: raptors
* * Thurs 1 June: What’s your favourite and why? Bird ID: woodland. Where do you go from here?
When booking please provide a valid phone number and e-mail as your booking confirmation will be sent via e-mail. We need a valid phone number (landline and mobile) in case we need to get hold of you urgently to update you with changes/cancellation. Thank you for your co-operation
IMPORTANT: We respect your privacy and will not sell your personal data to any third party.
The RSPB and RSPB Sales Ltd will use your details to tell you about our conservation and fundraising; to run your membership; to conduct analysis and to contact you for research purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information in the following ways, please tick the relevant box when making your booking.
[ ] Mail [ ] Telephone [ ] Email [ ] Text
Photo: Little Egret fishing_www.flickr.com/photos/smudge9000/14192984824