The Science of Curry
Thursday, 13 March 2014 from 18:30 to 20:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Professor Clive Page and Drs Andrea Sella and Mark Miodownik as they guide us through a menu of the Science of Curry.
1. Why is chili hot?
2. Is the crunch of poppadoms addictive?
3. Were spices originally used to mask the taste of spoiled meat?
4. Why does cutting onions make you cry?
5. Is beer the perfect drink for curry?
6. Can curry protect against cancer?
7. Why does curry make you full so quickly?
8. Why does curry stain so badly?
9. What's the deal with yogurt?
10. Is coloured rice bad for you?
11. What is the relationship between climate and cuisine?
12. Is eating lentils and the wind related?
12. Is curry good for constipation?
13. Do mints at the end of the meal help digestion?