Actions and Detail Panel
The Secret History of Manchester (!!SOLD OUT!!)
Thu 29 June 2017, 16:30 – 18:30 BST
You think you know Manchester? Well, no one knows it like Ed Glinert, who has spent 40 years unturning every last stone in the city, uncovering layer upon layer of other histories, lesser-known stories, the secret side of the city to create the ultimate “believe it or not”.
On this we hear about:
* The atomic bunker under Piccadilly Gardens.
* the story of racist GIs during the Second World War and the drama they caused.
* The planned demolition of the Town Hall.
* L. S. Lowry the secret sadist.
* The attack on the paintings at the Art Gallery.
* The pillar box that didn’t survive the 1996 IRA bomb...
It’s the Manchester that nobody knows.