San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
To celebrate Global Sharing Day and Parliament Week, The Sharing Economy: Our Democratic Future will hear how this emerging, new economy opens up access, engages diverse communities, increases participation and builds healthy, happy sustainable communities. From car sharing to skills swapping, people are starting to share precious resources, as millions around the world celebrate Global Sharing Day, we’ll hear how this new economy is changing the way we think, live and do business, paving the way for our democratic future.
In this interactive event, Mike Barry, Head of Sustainability at Marks and Spencer will be interviewed by a budding young journalist from the Brighton Youth Centre about why Shwopping is better than shopping; we'll hear from Founder of The People Who Share, Benita Matofska, why this new economy is engaging millions around the globe and we'll hear from politicians and the Big Society Network, how the Sharing Economy is offering opportunities for communities accross the UK.
Important Ticketing Information
There is limited capacity so please confirm your ticket early to avoid disappointment. If you are unable to attend please ensure that your ticket is cancelled.
Refreshments: Drinks and light refreshments will be served
Entrance: Cromwell Green Visitor Entrance (Number 7 on the map) http://www.parliament.uk/documents/facilities/maps/colmap1.pdf
You will pass through airport-style security so please allow enough time to enter, we suggest 30 minutes.
Please bring with you a copy of your ticket (which will be emailed to you) and photo ID to present on arrival.
For more information on getting here please visit: http://www.parliament.uk/visiting/directions/
Terms and Conditions:
1. Tickets are not transferable
2. Latecomers will not be admitted to the event after 6.30pm
3. The use of recording or photographic equipment is strictly forbidden.
4. Everyone entering the Houses of Parliament must bring photographic ID with them and go through airport style security checks. Please see here for details http://www.parliament.uk/visiting/access/security/
5. Ticket holders entering the Houses of Parliament are expected to abide by code of behaviour for public events which can be seen here http://www.parliament.uk/visiting/access/events/
6. Dogs will not be admitted (except guide dogs).
7. You may be filmed and photographed during the event. By attending, you are consenting to being in these forms of media. The primary use of this content will be to promote future Parliament Week activity.
8. If wheelchair access is required, please inform us prior to the event so we can accommodate your needs
When & Where
The People Who Share
The People Who Share is an exciting social enterprise that helps people and companies to discover, access and participate in the Sharing Economy. Our mission is to mainstream the Sharing Economy worldwide. We lead the Global Sharing Economy Network Meetup; a monthly event focussing on a variety of topics relating to the Sharing Economy, run with our partners.
As leaders in this sector, we work with a network of partners worldwide to deliver services and activities for people and companies including: campaigns, like our flagship Global Sharing Week; a corporate Sharing Economy Consultancy helping organisations across the private, public and voluntary sectors enter, participate and succeed in the Sharing Economy; access to goods and services for your every day life via our Share Guide, the largest directory of Sharing services worldwide; public speaking, workshops and events. We help people discover that if you’ve ever rented, swapped, exchange, borrowed, you’re part of the growing Sharing Economy.
We're committed to reshaping the world through sharing, harnessing the power of reciprocity to create happier, healthier and more sustainable lifestyles. We're here to enable sharing, to make it easy for people to discover a whole world of sharing for their every day lives and build a global community of sharers. Our passion is unlocking the sharing potential that exists in each of us. Our mission is to mainstream the Sharing Economy worldwide.