The Social Media Business Club Christmas Event
Wednesday, 18 December 2013 from 18:00 to 21:00 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
There is a common misconception that identity fraud only happens against individuals however businesses are equally at risk. In this session we will examine risks of identity fraud via social media. How can we best protect our identities and valuable intellectual property? Do you understand what your social media footprint is and how criminals may harvest information via social media? In this session we will explore the key issues and strategies for managing risk associated with identity fraud.
· Examining your social media footprint
· Case Study: A virtual identity theft
· Making better use of search tools in conducting investigations
19.45 Fun party games and those who came last month will remember the fun we had after the presentations!
Social media is best known for its use as part of a marketing communications mix or marketing campaign. Social media is also starting to be used as part of a social, local mobile strategy.
It should be recognised that applications for social media go across the business and these go far beyond just marketing. Leaders need to consider this carefully.
In today’s markets that are being driven by acquisition and merger and collaborative working, the benefits of a robust social media strategy may have a profound effect on the competitive advantage that an organisation can gain.
Leaders should consider a layered view or more holistic application of social media and what the benefits may be. Benefits such as better stakeholder risk management, transformational change management, image, reputation, innovation, cultural integration and learning as well as marketing matrices and hard ROI are there to be reaped.
For simplicity sake I have listed a few of the key benefits here
- Using social media to create a culture of innovation.
- Implementing internal social media technologies - Yammer and Jive.
- The problems of social media / internet addiction and trolls.
- How to create transformational change management programmes that will socialise your culture for competitive advantage.
- Legal and HR issues to consider when implementing social media in your culture.
- Creating a culture of learning so that your employees become brand advocates.
- Using big date to drive social media through your culture into marketing.
- How to engage with social media service and drive brand advocacy.
- Employer branding - using social media to align your internal culture with your brand.
- Technologies for driving social integration and managing change across the organisation.
- Using social media to harness organisational energy and drive brand advocacy
- How to implement social media education, governance and internal risk management
- The systems and technologies for listening more closely to your customers
- Using social local mobile inside your business
- How to join up your marketing systems and localise for each market
The following are useful resources: -
SMBClub Business Directory - Submit your business to the directory to generate exposure. The directory is open to members and non members, members will receive a discount or free posting depending on their membership package.
SMBClub Projects Portal - Post and bid on social media, marketing and tech projects
SMBClub Training Portal - Members can post training courses and all courses are open to members and non members, members will receive a discount.
SMBClub Job site portal - Post and apply for jobs in social media, marketing and tech
The following are SMBClub public social spaces - there are private social media spaces for club members: -
*Given the nature of this event, Social Media, we will be taking photographs and video for use in social media and other marketing promotions in order to promote the brand and future events. Permission to photograph and video you for possible inclusion in our social media, website and other publicity material and promotions is therefore requested. By booking you are giving us this permission and release any claims for copyright, patents or royalties.
When & Where
Peter Wilkinson - Peter.uk.com
In December 2013 Peter is chairman of The Corporate Social Media Summit Europe
Peter has helped C-suite leaders and established companies understand how they should bring into their strategy and realise its potential. In addition, for the past 20 years he has helped many newly formed companies with sales & marketing.