The Social Media Business Club
Wednesday, 20 November 2013 from 18:00 to 21:00 (GMT)
Social media is best known for its use as part of a marketing communications mix or marketing campaign. Social media is also starting to be used as part of a social, local mobile strategy.
It should be recognised that applications for social media go across the business and these go far beyond just marketing. Leaders need to consider this carefully.
In today’s markets that are being driven by acquisition and merger and collaborative working, the benefits of a robust social media strategy may have a profound effect on the competitive advantage that an organisation can gain.
Leaders should consider a layered view or more holistic application of social media and what the benefits may be. Benefits such as better stakeholder risk management, transformational change management, image, reputation, innovation, cultural integration and learning as well as marketing matrices and hard ROI are there to be reaped.
For simplicity sake I have listed a few of the key benefits here
- Using social media to create a culture of innovation.
- Implementing internal social media technologies - Yammer and Jive.
- The problems of social media / internet addiction and trolls.
- How to create transformational change management programmes that will socialise your culture for competitive advantage.
- Legal and HR issues to consider when implementing social media in your culture.
- Creating a culture of learning so that your employees become brand advocates.
- Using big date to drive social media through your culture into marketing.
- How to engage with social media service and drive brand advocacy.
- Employer branding - using social media to align your internal culture with your brand.
- Technologies for driving social integration and managing change across the organisation.
- Using social media to harness organisational energy and drive brand advocacy
- How to implement social media education, governance and internal risk management
- The systems and technologies for listening more closely to your customers
- Using social local mobile inside your business
- How to join up your marketing systems and localise for each market
When & Where
Peter Wilkinson - Peter.uk.com
In December 2013 Peter is chairman of The Corporate Social Media Summit Europe
Peter has helped C-suite leaders and established companies understand how they should bring into their strategy and realise its potential. In addition, for the past 20 years he has helped many newly formed companies with sales & marketing.