Actions and Detail Panel
The Social Reform Conference 2017
Sat 20 May 2017, 12:00 – 17:00 BST
Our annual Bright Blue this year conference will be on the theme of "Social reform". Join us for a day of generating and discussing ideas on this critical agenda outlined by our Prime Minister. The conference will include a keynote speech from The Rt Hon Damian Green MP (Secretary of State for Work and Pensions) and break-out sessions with the centre-right's most influential politicians and thinkers.
12:30 A keynote speech by The Rt Hon Damian Green MP (Secretary of State for Work & Pensions), outlining the Government's social reform agenda and followed by a Q&A session
13:30 Networking lunch
14:30 Break-out sessions. On themes such as education reform, the future of work, housing, prison reform, international development and social integration with speakers such as:
- Rachel Wolf (Director, Public First)
- Jonathan Aitken (former Cabinet Minister)
- Luke Johnson (Serial entrepreneur and columnist)
- Sir Ferdinand Mount (Former Head of Number 10 Policy Unit under Margaret Thatcher)
- Natasha Porter (CEO, Unlocked Graduates)
- Mark Littlewood (Director General, Institute of Economic Affairs)
- Danny Kruger (Chief Executive, West London Zone)
- Andrew Boff AM (Chair of the Housing Committee, London Assembly)
- Alex Morton (Former Housing Adviser, Number 10 Policy Unit)
- Dr Spencer Pitfield (Director, Conservative Workers and Trade Unionists)
- Cllr Harry Phibbs (Journalist and Councillor for Hammersmith & Fulham)
With many more to be announced...
17:15 Members Only Reception
Special guest speaker to be announced. To become a member, click here.
Guests include MPs, councillors, activists, journalists, business and third sector representatives, and campaigners.
Lunch and refreshments will be served throughout the day.