Actions and Detail Panel
The Systemic Satir Model: A Vehicle for Self-leadership
Sun 16 July 2017, 10:00 – 18:00 PDT
The Systemic Satir Model:
A Vehicle for Self-leadership
with Eva Wieprecht, MBA
“Life is a dancer and you are the dance” – Eckhart Tolle
Living a happy and healthy life in our core relationships is a piece of art, as relationships are the foundation of our personal and professional satisfaction. Virginia Satir, one the great originators of systems thinking and family therapy, developed many original ways to practice this art. We will focus in the workshop on a Satir-inspired step-by-step process for transformational change, one that works at the identity level of self. It is organized around the questions:
Who am I today?
Who am I asked to become?
How congruent is my inner self and outer performance self, in regard to these questions?
One of the starting points for the process is becoming aware of our “first trance” context, our family of origin. But rather than regressing into those patterns, you will learn how to bring them forward into a generative space connected to your inner wisdom voice. This allows awareness of one’s core “unconscious identity”–in terms of patterns of feelings, judgements, expectations, pictures, rules, beliefs, methods of coping, etc.–but in a way that they can be transformationally reorganized within the resources and values of the present self. This is one of the main benefits you will get from the workshop.
The workshop will be deeply experiential as well as educational. We will talk, dance, “trance,” do group processes, exercises with partners, and some core personal work. You will learn the core underlying framework for transformational systems work, and also experience and learn the Systemic Satir 7-step model for transformational change:
1. Connect with the flow of life (connect inside and outside)
2. Set a goal/intention/connecting with the symptom
3. Align with resources and support for the process
4. Open to new awareness
5. Transform old patterns and learnings (“turning shit into gold”)
6. Conscious choice and commitment to new learnings and understandings
7. Ongoing practices and support along the way
This process will help you in your daily life; it can be used as a practical “GPS” for navigating the “autobahn” of life. It is an opportunity to learn -in a nutshell- about the wisdom and the potential of the Systemic Satir Model and its value in all walks of life, starting with your deepest understanding and connection with yourself and your intimate relationships. In short, an opportunity not to miss!
About Virginia Satir
Virginia Satir (1916-1988) was an internationally known therapist (referred to by many as “the pioneer of family therapy”), teacher, and author. Her books Peoplemaking and Conjoint Family Therapy are two of the central texts of humanistic psychology. Virginia was universally acknowledged as one of the most powerful and effective therapists of the century. Throughout a career spanning some forty-five years, she developed systemic ways of helping people grow and change. Satir held high hopes and great enthusiasm for the ability of the human spirit to make this world a better place to live. Her vision was to help empower people to reach their full potential. Virginia’s approach is a primary source and foundation of many well-known approaches today – like NLP, Positive Psychology, Constellation Work, just to name a few.
Eva works globally with a special expertise in body-focused approaches as a Systemic Satir Model expert; facilitator of “Dance Journeys” and Somatic Movement Integration (SMI) work; a hypnosystemic trainer and coach; as well as a Generative Trance and Self-relations Coach. She provides her work in German as well as in English. She is the founder and director of The International Virginia Satir Institute in Germany, Cologne.
- Director of the International Virginia Satir Institute of Germany, Cologne
- Certified Satir Trainer in the Enriching Program –based on the teachings of Virginia Satir, by Sharon Loeschen
- Trainer and Teamleader in the Systemic Satir Model approach
- Orchestrating family and organizational sculptures and choreographies
- Developer of “the Magic of Satir”: A 12 day Systemic Satir Model Practitioner Certification program (IVSG)
- Developer of “Heroine’s Journey Program”
- Co-developer of “Honor your Hero within” Program with Xiaobing Chu
- Co-developer of the 7 veils program with Judith DeLozier
- Certified Hypnosystemic Coach and Consultant – Germany, Milton Erickson Institute Heidelberg, Dr. Gunther Schmidt
- Certified NLP Coach and Master Trainer – California, UCSC-NLPU, Trained by Robert Dilts, Judith DeLozier, Suzie Smith, Michael Colgrass, Sid Jacobs
- Certified NLP Trainer, DVNLP, Germany
- MBA (University of Cologne, Germany)