Actions and Detail Panel
The UCL EU Referendum Debate: To Remain or To Leave?
Thu 16 June 2016, 17:45 – 19:30 BST
Our EU debate will be still taking place tonight only with our expert panel, following the sad incident involving Jo Cox
UCL will host a major debate on all the issues raised by the EU referendum, with contributions from both campaigns and from academic experts.
This event will start promptly at 6pm, so please arrive by 5.45 to secure your seat!
- Laura Sandys, Chair of the European Movement and former Conservative MP for South Thanet.
- Chuka Umunna, Labour MP for Streatham, was Shadow Business Secretary from 2011 to 2015 and is a now a member of the Home Affairs Select Committee.
- Jacob Rees-Mogg, Conservative MP for North East Somerset, is a member of the European Scrutiny Committee and Treasury Committee.
- Peter Whittle, UK Independence Party Member of the London Assembly and UKIP's candidate for the 2016 London mayoral election.
- Swati Dhingra, Lecturer at the Department of Economics at LSE and Associate at the Centre for Economic Performance.
- Anand Menon, Professor of European Politics and Foreign Affairs at King's College London and Director of the UK in a Changing Europe Initiative.
- Simon Usherwood, Senior Lecturer in Politics at the University of Surrey.
- Professor Meg Russell, Director or the Constitution Unit.
Please note that unfortunately this room is not wheelchair accessible. Admission is on a first-come-first-served basis. As not everyone who asks for tickets uses them, to make sure we have a full house we register more people than places. We do our best to get the numbers right, but unfortunately we occasionally have to dissapoint people.