Learn how to improve your production and presentation skills, and make money from your podcast, at this fun seminar with Ben Green, producer of the Guardian’s award-winning Football Weekly podcast
Podcasts have never been so popular. Whether you’re looking to get a new project off the ground, or improve an existing podcast, this masterclass will help you to make your show stand out from the crowd. Over the course of the day, Ben Green, producer of the Guardian’s popular Football Weekly podcast, will reveal the key things you need to know to produce and present a high-quality audio series – from how to conduct a great interview to how to monetise your podcast and grow your audience.
- Podcasting’s second wave – how the medium has grown in popularity and reach in recent years
- Getting your podcast onto iTunes and other platforms
- Expert advice on how to improve your production and presentation techniques
- How to monetise your podcast
- Advice on increasing your audience and subscriber numbers
- Scripting – and the art of the introduction
- Interviews, intimacy and storytelling within podcasting
- Q&A – an invaluable opportunity to pick the brains of one of the Guardian’s most experienced podcasters
- Ahead of the class, you’re encouraged to pick a podcast that you really like. On the day, Ben will ask the group if anyone would like to share the reasons why they listen to that particular podcast
Ben Green is a senior multimedia producer who has been making podcasts for the Guardian since 2006. He currently produces the award-winning show Football Weekly, the UK’s number one sports podcast, which has over a million downloads a month. Before joining the Guardian, Ben worked for Channel 4 News and LBC radio. He has won two Sony awards for the dearly departed Media Talk podcast, and somehow found himself as the voice of the Guardian’s Guide to Running podcasts. He tweets @greenbengreen.
When & Where
Welcome to Guardian masterclasses – a unique programme of learning embedded within one of the world's most forward-thinking media organisations.
Masterclasses offer a broad range of short and long courses across a variety of disciplines from creative writing, journalism, photography and design, film and digital media, music and cultural appreciation.
Harnessing the expertise and specialisms within the organisation, our courses are led by first class and award winning guardian professionals whilst also drawing on the skills and expertise of other leading figures at the forefront of the creative and digital industries.
The programme is aimed at anyone interested in personal or professional development whether that be refining your skills, focusing your ambition or simply broadening your mind and gaining inspiration.