Actions and Detail Panel
The Village Ghost Hunt
Sat, 21 Jan 2017, 20:00 – Sun, 22 Jan 2017, 02:00 GMT
Set in the heart of Mansfield Town centre this building is not for the faint hearted...
On the very spot where it stands stood a barn used by the local chapel. Secret tunnels crisscross underneath which enabled monks to escape and flee capture during a time when persecution of holy men was the norm. Seven Monks were said to have burnt in the original barn and their restless spirits have frequently been seen and heard.
Originally the building itself was an 18th century Maltings that served the surrounding village and full apparitions of Mr Merryweather the original owner have been seen frequently and he's often heard going about his business by ghost hunters.
The building was converted into a nightclub before falling into disuse and being reopened by volunteers in 2013. It has earned itself the nickname The Village of the Damned due to:
- Babies cries being heard
- Full apparitions being seen and captured on video
- The piano that stands in the building playing on its own
- Glimpses of prisoners that were held captive here being seen
- The spirit of a woman roaming the building being seen and heard
What will happen on a Haunted Britannia event?
- Full medium walk round
- Psychic and ghost hunting experiments using the very best technology to date
- Old and new techniques including psychic circles, human pendulum and Victorian séances
- Lone vigils
- Full access to our highly experienced team and all our equipment
- Full refreshments
- Your chance to join a real ghost hunting team and be part of the team yourself!
Experienced and knowledgeable team who’ve worked with Channel 4, Living TV and Most Haunted among others...Including International Medium Andy Hopkins.