The Writing Project - Taster Session
Please note the Writing Projects Taster Session on Friday 13:00 -15:00 had to be cancelled. You are invited to attend other sessions available on specific dates:
- Taster session (on the ongoing course): Wednesday 08th February, 2:00pm - 05:00pm, 5:30pm - 07:00pm
- Taster session (on the ongoing course): Next Week commencing 13th February: Tue 10-12am or 1-3pm, and Fri 10-12am or 1-3pm. (please let me know if you would like to attend any of those)
- Or sign up for the new courses starting on the 22nd February, Course begins: Wednesday 22nd February, 10:00am - 01:00pm or 2:00pm - 05:00pm (Last session: Wednesday 22nd March)
- Have you considered joining The Writing Project? Why not join taster session to find out how the course can help you with your academic writing. (Next course starts 22nd February, you can enrol now)
In this taster session you will find out what will be covered on this free course in how to write better English.
Date: Friday 10/02/2017
Time: 13:00 - 15:00
The Writing Project http://www.writingproject.mmu.ac.uk/
This course is for any MMU-enrolled student who would like to improve the way they write at university level, although its focus is not just on academic writing. The course will focus mainly on style, punctuation, grammatical accuracy, organisation and how to paraphrase and summarise effectively. The premise is that all students can improve their English, whether they are undergraduates, postgraduates or PhD students.
Why should I join?
- You can improve your assessment grades by making sure you are getting your points across clearly
- You can impress future employers - good writing skills are highly valued in the workplace, a well-written job application will get you a long way
You can choose a course that suits your needs - courses are run at All Saints and Crewe. Courses are delivered over 10 weeks (1.5 hours per week) or over five weeks (3 hours per week). Some evening classes are also available.
Disclaimer: Workshop is offered for MMU students and staff only and ID will be required.