Actions and Detail Panel
The Yorkshire Gathering for the Environment
Sat 11 February 2017, 10:30 – 17:00 GMT
Join us for the anual Yorkshire Gathering - Friends of the Earth's get together for people who care about environmental and social justice issues.
Morning session 10:30 - 13:00 - Friends of the Earth Affiliates and local groups
Afternoon session 13:00 - 16:45 - Open to anyone interested in environmental and social justice issues.
Is the Yorkshire Gathering for you?
- Want to know about the wonderful work that's going on in your community and beyond, share your ideas and experiences?
- Want to to hear from experts on key issues such as - air quality, Fracking, flooding climate change and attend facinating workshops?
- Are you looking for inspiration and motivation and to feel part of something?
- 2016's been quite a year, but you are ready to keep pushing for positive change?
- Need an energy boost?
Looking to turn your late winter, into an early summer :0) ...?
The Yorkshire gathering is the place for you!
The Yorkshire Gathering is a time to come together, to share ideas, learn from each other, hear great speakers, build energy and meet the challenges we face head on. The event is open to anyone wanting to find out more about the key environmental issues for the region. It's a great opportunity to meet like minded people, get clued up on the latest updates on key local and national campaigns and share ideas, challenges and successes.
we look forward to seeing you there!
Carla and Simon - Friends of the Earth in the North
Agenda for the day
The Yorkshire Regional Gathering – 11th February 2017
The Priory Centre, 15 Priory Street, York, YO1 6ET
10:30 – 1pm: Friends of the Earth members, 1pm – 5pm: open to all
*Morning session - Friends of the Earth members and affiliates only*
10:30 arrivals Come and join us for a cuppa and a catch-up before the day starts.
11am welcome and organisational update with stories from the front line
Come and join us for a cuppa and a catch-up before the day starts.
11am The Latest
What’s new for FoE locally, nationally and internationally? We want to hear from you, about your campaigns, projects, challenges, and successes.
11:45 Discussion sessions
These topics are fairly fluid – we will respond to what arise on the day. This is the time to be honest and think creatively about the challenges we face and get you head stuck into a new campaign. Bring your ideas.
2 x 35 min sessions
- Networking across the region – how can we support each other Carla What’s new? How can we help each other to be successful, happy groups?? Looking at online tools, resources and wider support
- How can we work together with anti-fracking groups and other new movements? How can we support each other’s aims?
- Clean air: what’s new with the campaign and what are you doing locally?
13:00 shared lunch Bring some food to share with others.
13:45 Welcome session - Get to know each other
14:00 Trumped out, Brexit-Smexit – what a year!? But, what does it all mean? And what’s the plan – how do we stay positive and resilient?
This session will look at the big picture narrative - what on earth is going on planet Earth and how are we responding, with a key focus on community solutions – including stories from our communities on the frontline.
15:00 Tea and coffee break
15:15 discussion groups:
Round 1. (45mins)
- Fracking and fossil fuels – what’s going on?
- Making stuff session – get crafty
- Community organising techniques
Round 2. (45 mins)
- Community organising techniques
- Flooding walk and talk
- Clean air
16:45 Wrap up What have we learnt, what’s next? Setting our New Year intentions.
17:00 Head to a local establishment We really hope you can join us for our social. We will go somewhere that serves non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks.