Actions and Detail Panel
Theatre, Film & performance Networking & Portfolio creation 2
Sat 10 December 2016, 16:00 – 21:00 GMT
PLEASE SHARE TO ANYONE INTERESTED, PLEASE READ EVENT INFORMATION FULLY.
December 10th 2016, 4pm - 9pm at
Chestnut Community Centre, 1-3 Poplar Close, Brixham, Devon TQ5 0SA
Please confirm attendance with
Name, what skill you can bring to help others, and what you need for your portfolio (photos/ video/ audio etc)
We will have some special work with lighting and greenscreen facility at this event.
ABOUT THE EVENT
This group is to create a social "portfolio update/ networking day"
The rule is that everyone coming gets something good for their acting /modelling/ photographic / video portfolio, but also helps at least two other people create something for theirs, for which they will get full credit.
Everyone credits those they have worked with or who have supplied them with photos and video.
We cannot pay people to attend, and there is no financial fee asked, it is a mutual help, and networking event. If you would like to donate towards rehearal hall hire that is gratefully recieved, but not mandatory.
The only fee asked is that you assist at least two other people in creating things for their portfolios by acting / modelling/ photographing/ videoing/ teaching a small new skill, free of charge.
This means coming along with two or three ideas of things you would like for your portfolio. If you can, bring your camera or or high-definition phone as well, in case you need to ask someone to record you on your own equipment.
Ideas for helping others please bring your camera and doing some good character photos for someone, helping someone record a speech or monologue for their showreel and helping them make it look good and convincing, teaching someone to pose for their head shots to look good, or a small performance skill. This is all about positive help, and networking.
This is hosted by the South Devon Players Theatre & Film Company, a collaborative team of Southwest based people, seeking to create, or further, professional careers in theatre & film, You can read about us at http://www.southdevonplayers.com/about-us.html or our Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/sdevonplayers/
You do not need to be a member of The South Devon Players Theatre & Film company to get involved. This is open to actors, photographers, videographers. Models also welcome but please bear in mind that this event is aimed towards performers, and is not intended to dance on the toes of existing regional modelling/photography networking events.
- Drama stays strictly in front of the camera.
- No 16s or under, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
- NO egotistical behaviour, nastiness, putting down of people, bullying, or making anyone feel bad. Nobody is more or less deserving than anyone else.
- Please credit those who have helped you.
- If someone takes images / video of you that you are not happy with, you do not need to use them.
- Constructive criticisms are fine but please always keep it positive and helpful. "This is a piece of s***" is not ok. "This isn't my thing personally but it's an interesting idea, have you thought about [this idea for positive improvement]" is great.
- Please keep things appropriate. no nude stuff. No "open-leg". Up to Burlesque- level/ swimwear clothing is fine, but please observe general rules of decency. (Don't touch people in "adulty" ways, no photos of people changing, etc . Anyone being inappropriate will be asked to leave).
- Taking "silly" pictures of other people, or "messing about" pictures is not ok, it may seem a laugh to you, but people outside can construe things as a mess-around.
- Everyone who attends is expected to assist others, in turn, so that nobody leaves without portfolio material that they are happy with. NOBODY misses out. If you have been let down or "passed over", then please do ask people. If someone who has been let down or passed over, comes and asks you, then if it is within your power, please help them.
- Not everyone can be videoed/ photographed/worked with first. Don't mob people if they are busy. You will get your turn.
- People of all shapes and sizes and appearances are welcome and to be treated equally.
- Bring a snack and bring something small to share, even if it is a multipack of crisps or a packet of biscuits.