Think2Speak LIVE is a one day conference for staff working in educational settings to discuss the impact of investing in the emotional wellbeing of young people.
Speaker sessions will each discuss the impact early intervention and support can have on the lives of young people, their families and society as a whole including:
- Lord John Bird, Founder of The Big Issue - Keynote
- Simon Blake, CEO of National Union of Students - The heart of everything - promoting emotional well being in schools.
- Dr Waseem Alladin - Boosting Emotional Well Being & Preventing Self-Harm and Suicide in Young Adults: Recent Research, Models and Good Practice Guidelines
- Dr Maria Efstratopoulou - You mean I am not lazy, stupid or crazy? Teaching unhappy children: The importance of early diagnosis and support
- Oliver Tasker - Teachers’ Wellbeing – the key to reducing sickness absence
- Robert Anderson - Helping you see the wood for the trees
In the afternoon, delegates return to the classroom to participate in a series of bookable workshops on topics including Domestic Abuse, Puberty, HIV, Suicide and Self harm. The sessions are combinations of teacher training and demonstrations of the student workshops available to your school. Workshops are available for both primary and secondary specific audiences.
Workshops for Primary
- Puberty teacher training by Jan Hargrave, Think2Speak SRE Consultant
- Friendships and Relationships teacher training by Naomi Watkins, Think2Speak Co-Founder
Workshops for Secondary
- HIV Student workshop by Lizzie Jordan, Think2Speak Co-Founder
- Domestic Abuse teacher training by Naomi Watkins, Think2Speak Co-Founder
- Suicide & Self Harm by Dr Waseem Alladin - suitable for secondary and above
Think2Speak LIVE is free of charge for anyone who is employed within the education sector, a teaching member of staff within an educational setting working with young people or a school governor.
For any other business type (with the exception of sponsors, exhibitors, partners and speakers) delegate places are extremely limited at £95 per delegate place. Charities delegate places are £45 each and limited student places are available for £25 each.
All tickets include lunch and refreshments throughout the day plus access to the afternoon workshops, limited places are available on each workshop so booking is advised.
Purchased places are non-refundable, but are transferable. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to transfer paid booked places to other staff members.