San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Thinking of applying to ….
…Children In Need small grants?
This free advice workshop will help you improve your application.
Date & Venue: Wednesday 2 November 9.30 to 1.00 at the Ripple Centre
BBC Children in Need are trialling a new approach in London- you can now apply for up to £10,000 per year for up to 3 years – a maximum total request of £30,000.
The first round of this new approach closes 1 December. Grants are available for projects that help children and young people experiencing:
- Illness, distress, abuse or neglect
- Any kind of disability
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties' and / or living in situations of deprivation.
- Living in poverty or situations of deprivation
To attend you must be from a charity, community group, faith group or social enterprise providing a substantial proportion of your services to the people of Barking and Dagenham.
What will you gain from this workshop?
A better understanding of what Children in Need are looking for
- An improved application
- A chance to test out your project ideas
- A chance to network with others working with children
We’ll also arrange to give feedback on your application before you submit it.
You can find out more about Children in Need small grants at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1PZ12WqsFpNXvL7wRN55LJ3/apply-for-a-small-grant
Before booking for this workshop you should check that your organisation is eligible to apply for this fund at: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/tv/pudsey/media/Minimum_Standards.pdf
The small print – our Terms and conditions
- We make an administration charge of £50 when participants do not attend training events.
- We will not make this charge where participants give us four working days’ notice of cancellation. If you send a substitute from your organisation the administration charge will not apply. Please let us know the name and contact details (email and phone) of the substitute.
- We reserve the right not to admit participants who turn up more than 30 minutes late unless we are given advance notice. We will make an administration charge when participants are refused admittance.
For more information contact: Chris Todd, Tel: 020 8532 7326, Email:email@example.com
When & Where
Barking & Dagenham Council for Voluntary Service
We aim to increase access to high quality training for Voluntary and Community Organisations and Social Enterprises providing services for the public benefit of residents in Barking and Dagenham.
For more information, please visit: